Friday, December 04, 2009

Homeschooling Through Christmas

Elizabeth, now 2 11/12, has been wanting to have school right along beside us since Thanksgiving. Above you'll see her Christmas tree drawing. Very colorful. I've been giving her a wipe-off ABC handwriting book & she's been coloring in it for 30 minutes or more. She very carefully traces the letters, then scribbles over the entire page. Need to get a picture of that...

Little did I know that by taking the week off for Thanksgiving, David would seem to forget everything he's learned in kindergarten! It was crazy. By Friday, he's finally doing things on his own again.

We've been taking advantage of the Christmas Countdown activities to get some good number practice in. (Also a Brachiosarus on the board.) The chain goes all the way to the floor right now.

That was a couple of days ago.


For the past few years, David has memorized and recited part of the Christmas story at our family Christmas gathering. We're working on it again this year and he's also writing it out this year. We're adding a phrase every day.

I think in light of our Thanksgiving experience, we may keep doing school right through Christmas! I don't want to have to keep taking an extra week just to repeat everything!

1 comment:

Liz said...

That is exactly why we have always schooled 4 days a week year round! No forgetting! Hope you have a fun holiday.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win