Two More Days!
Oops... I forgot yesterday was Tuesday! It was after lunch before anyone noticed that I had wrapped some presents & put them under the tree last night. Elizabeth suddenly gasped, then screamed, "PRESENTS!!!" David came running across the room to see and started yelling, "I see a present with my name on it!!!" Elizabeth, "Me, too!! Me, too!!!"
Tonight he picked up his present and shook it. Must be instinct. Then he said reflectively, "Huh... it doesn't make any noise. I hope it's Legos." I said, "You don't want Legos for your Christmas Eve present, you wouldn't have time to play with them before going to bed." (trying...) As he walked away he asked, "Is my present pajamas?" Little stinker.
His bedtime prayer? "Help me to have no bad dreams, only good dreams. Help me to get Legos for my Christmas Eve present. Amen."There he is diligently working on one of his presents that he's giving. : )
Elizabeth had to work on something, too. She asks, "Mom, can I do my school work, too?"
I made these Peppermint Meltaway Cookies this weekend, except we went all natural and left out the red food coloring and red stripped candy topping. Still they are really, really yummy! I love them, but they are a little too "melty" (aka crumbly) for the little folk. They're all gone now.
I used the extra peppermint icing on the last of Aunt Wee's chocolate pound cake... oh. my. The combination of chocolate and peppermint is heavenly. It's all gone now, too.
I was on a peppermint kick that day, so I added peppermint to the hot chocolate at lunch time. Elizabeth enjoyed it with her peanut butter sandwich.Day before yesterday, Dad asked me when I was going to make *his* cookies. Here ya go. Made them last night.
Earlier I also made a loaf of bread, a triple batch of hot chocolate mix, a batch of chocolate milk powder, and a batch of Swiss Mocha mix. Washed a load of clothes, set a load of diapers to soak overnight, ran a full dishwasher twice. AND I cooked lunch AND dinner AND went grocery shopping! Now that was productive day!
Dad brought me the little Christmas tree that I wanted when he came home from work today. Isn't it cute?!?!? Thank you, Babe!

1 comment:
I totally love peppermint and chocolate together! This year to my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, I added peppermint extract and crushed candy canes - YUM!!!!
I don't dare put presents under the tree until Christmas Eve. I know a certain Ladybug who would have them unwrapped in 2 seconds flat!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment