'Tis the Season... for Cookies!
I just finished making cookies for David's Thursday School Christmas party. My sister is hosting her second annual virtual cookie exchange, so I thought I'd chip these in. (pun intended... chocolate chip... get it?) : )
"MY" cookie is chocolate chip. I've been perfecting my recipe for years. Dad loves them (cooked or uncooked). The kids love them. This is not them. If you want to see my version of the chocolate chip cookie, check out last year's cookie exchange.
This year, we are eliminating artificial things from David's diet. My butter flavored Crisco had to go. : ( Sometimes change is a good thing, though, because you find something new that's just as good or better.This is my recipe made with real butter, added oatmeal and an extra egg. They've been eaten just fine and I have few left to take to the party tomorrow, so I had to wait for the beggars to go to bed & tried a couple of new recipes.
These are actually pretty tasty. However, the recipe only made 15 small cookies, and as a new recipe, I had to test it out. Now I need David & Dad to test them, too, to see if it's a keeper recipe. That leaves me with only 11 cookies for the party, because Elizabeth will want one, too. Next...
Mmmm... these are good! I did my usual substitutions of double vanilla and milk chocolate chips. Wow. I'm already thinking of ways to make them even better... like getting some mint in there somehow!

3 comments:
Hi there,
Thanks for dropping by my blog:)
I prefer to use natural ingredients when I'm cooking and baking, so thanks for the comment!
Those cowboy cookies look delicious, I'm going to bake a batch this weekend.
Merry Christmas,
Kym-Anne
Mmmmmmmm..... have you been able to find any all natural Christmas candy? What about candy canes... can he eat those?
We went to Whole Foods Market and got some candy. He's got a homeschool Christmas party this afternoon, so I'll trade him candy when we get home. I got Whole Foods brand milk chocolate & chocolate truffles, Yummy Earth Wild Peppermint Drops (solid white), Candy Cane Taffy (red stripe colored with red radish!), and Pure Fun Organic Candy Canes (I think they color the stripe with berries). Also got Ghirardelli dark chocolate squares and the ones with white mint filling at Walmart. Bob's and Spangler both make a white cane that would be ok, but I haven't seen them anywhere except online. I also haven't found the M&M look alikes anywhere (Sun Drops).
Post a Comment