Friday, October 30, 2009

Preparing to Set Sail (though we'll actually be flying)



About a year before our 10th anniversary, we started planning this trip. We booked the accommodations and the airline tickets. Then the building of our house was delayed... and delayed... we moved in just a few short weeks before we were to go. I was not ready to leave. The trip was postponed. We were able to reschedule everything and now the time is drawing near! Excitement is building!!!

When we first booked, we were a family of 4. Then we were expecting. I would have been traveling pregnant. Instead, now I'll be leaving my 7.5 month old for the first time. For 5 days. To find her nourishment from a bottle rather than me. I have mixed emotions. I really, really need the break. I will miss her so, so much. And the others, too. But I really, really need the break.

I'm planning on taking a pump with me, pumping while gone & hopefully will be able to resume breastfeeding when I get back. She took her first bottle of formula tonight from her great aunt. Inside I was thankful and a little sad.

I have to remember that all 3 of them will be in the care of family members who love them very much. That I will be getting a much needed restful vacation. And that all of us will be in God's hands.

In less than a month, I'll be posting some pictures of my own!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win