Friday, October 02, 2009

I've missed my coffee...

It's been over a month since I joined Company Girl Coffee and I've missed you girls! Not that I haven't attempted to post. I think there are at least 2 sitting in draft status. Last week, I actually had a good excuse - my BFF was visiting! The same one I submitted photos of for the Company Girl book! You may have seen this when I posted it last weekend, but if not, here's the whole group of us girls:

Maybe some future BFF's in there, too? David had wandered off before the photo.

We've also been busy with homeschool. This week completed week 7 of kindergarten. David and I are totally enjoying it! Someone asked me the other day if it was hard. So far, the hardest part is trying to find things to occupy Elizabeth while David does his worksheets (math & handwriting).

I've never had a fall garden before, so I wasn't sure what to do out there. I've cleaned out everything that was done and planted some more squash and am trying snow peas. More than half those, which I direct seeded, were eaten as soon as they sprouted. I assume it was rolly polly bugs. I think I may still have time to try lettuce again...

In my "spare time" (hahahahahah!!), I've been working on a Fall Recipes Cookbook to sell online. I had really hoped to have it completed by October 1, but... "spare time"... yeah.

This is the Amish Baked Oatmeal. It is really good! My sister blogged the Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake for me. And that reminds me... I'm off to make some Harvest Muffins for breakfast! They'll go good with coffee!!

9 comments:

Grandpa said...

I noticed some squash seedlings in the bed but don't think they will have time to do much before frost now.

the.bain.family. said...

I absolutely love seasonal cooking. It makes the whole season feel special.

Angie Kerr said...

Love the picture of you and all the kiddos! How great to have your BFF visit!

Stopping by from Home Sanctuary.
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I know...what's "spare time"...what's "sleeping in"? Glad to hear you are doing well. Isn't it always great to get together with friends? Enjoy your weekend.

your DH said...

i hope there's some muffins for me tomorrow morning.

mholgate said...

Harvest muffins...mmmmmm! I love fall recipes.

Sounds like you've been keeping busy. Glad you were able to post for coffee today.

Have a great weekend!
-Melissa

Rachel Anne said...

Ooh your cookbook sounds great. I hope you get some more "spare time" to work on it.

Glad to see you, can't believe baby is 5 months!

Shawna Atteberry said...

I've never done a lot of fall seasonal cooking, so I'm teaching myself this year. I'm finding what is seasonal and finding new recipes to make. Your cookbook sounds like just what I need.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back! I think we all understand the whole "spare time" thing :-) I do hope you are able to work on your cookbook. I love cookbooks. There just aren't enough hours in the day! So glad for the time you spent with your friend. Those kinds of friendships are such a blessing.
Have a wonderful week!
LydiaCate

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win