School's On!
I watch my friends being sad today as they drop kids off at new schools for the first time. I know for a fact that if I was dropping off today, I'd be in tears right now, too. I teared up yesterday when I took David down a new hall to his new Kindergarten Sunday School class.
But today I'm not crying. We started homeschooling Kindergarten last week. I know it's not for everyone and that some would like to but simply can't. I am so thankful that I have this chance to be with my children, to shape their minds, to see them grasp new ideas, to help them succeed.
I posted our first day of school pics last week, but here's a brief summary of what we accomplished in our first week:
- We got to chapter 5 in The Boxcar Children
- We discovered that David may be left handed
- David learned why it's day on one side of the Earth and night on the other... in the bathroom, with the lights off, using a globe and a flashlight
- I learned that David is very good at sounding out new words
- David & Elizabeth memorized Romans 3:23
- We joined a homeschool co-op
- Dad taught one day
- And more!
And don't you just love EB's new play dress that Grana gave her?

No comments:
Post a Comment