Monday, June 22, 2009

Tomato Freaks & Beautiful Zinnias

Like my sister, my tomato plants are growing very well! I'm 5' 7", and the yellow pear is taller than me!


A typical tomato bloom:

Some of mine looked like this:

I thought, "Wow! That's a pretty tomato bloom! It's a double bloom!" And here are some of the tomatoes that are growing from these double blooms:

Those are both on my YELLOW PEAR plant!!! Crazy!!

While my tomatoes may be beasts, my zinnias are definitely beauties! I got these seeds from a nearby neighbor last year & I am in love with them now! They've just started blooming & I hope the show lasts a while.

Found this guy in the garden one morning:

He's a tomato horn worm. He was on the green beans. I would have never seen him if he'd been on a tomato plant. He's got excellent camouflage!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win