Sunday, May 17, 2009

Heading South

When Dad got off work Sunday morning, we finished loading up, and headed South. It's been over 2 years since we took a trip, so this was both Elizabeth's and Rebekah's first family vacation! Our destination: the beach!

Along the way we got some courthouse photos for my courthouse book. Some I've probably taken before, but we went ahead & took another as we drove past, just in case. Milam County Courthouse in Cameron:


While Rebekah ate, Dad rang the bell and took David & Elizabeth on a walk and I took photos out the window.


The Burleson County Courthouse was a drive-by in Caldwell:

We drove past the ruins at Independence, I sang Up With the Purple, and then stopped at the Antique Rose Emporium. Alan & I had pooled our birthday monies to buy plants for the house, so I picked out an Old Blush and a fragrant rose called Maggie. It smells like Rose Milk. Alan picked up a River Sage.


Traveling on... Washington County Courthouse in Brenham:

and the Austin County Courthouse in Bellville:

We finally arrived at Kalaya's house in time for supper. She'd been filling the pool the last few days & the kids were all eager to go for a swim. Her girls got cold & got out before I could get the camera unloaded. My kids didn't want to get out! And it was cold!

And the babies slept. They're 5 weeks apart.

Oh wait, Rebekah's eyes are open! She enjoyed being out of the car anyway! And she also travelled very well, too!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win