Cows in the Garden
I woke this morning to the usual sounds of little feet running up & down the hall and little voices calling, "Mama! Where are you?" As I was helping Elizabeth out of her bed, I saw cows out the window. Cows in the front yard. Cows in the garden.
For those who might be wondering, the cows ate: an entire bag of goat feed that was in the barn, one skyscraper sunflower, the tops off all Grandpa's onions, 1 yellow squash plant, 1 horseradish plant, the tops off about 10 of my onions and pulled the bulbs out of the ground but did not eat the bulbs.
Then they moved to the back yard (or vice versa) and pulled up another onion and ate half of my cannas, the Mexican petunias, and all the wild sunflowers we hadn't chopped down yet.
They also bent in the side of 1 potato cage, broke the passenger side view mirror off the Saturn, and pooped all over the place!

1 comment:
Will we remember to close the gate next time?
Post a Comment