feeding babies & Mother's Day
7:15 p.m. - I just sat down to feed Rebekah. Computer stuff is one thing I can do while breastfeeding... just slower typing one handed. Anyway, Elizabeth came in & sat down beside me. She piled her blanket into her lap and laid her stuffed dog on it. Then she said, "Mama feeding Baby Bekah. I feeding dog," and she pulled the little puppy to her chest.
I think I just got the best Mother's Day gift. My little girl wants to be like me! : ) snif, snif...
I got other gifts today, too! Since Dad has to work tomorrow, he took me out to lunch today at one of my favorite places - Rosa's Tortillia Factory. Another gift came from MawMaw - she kept David & Elizabeth while we went out! When she offered she said, "unless you want to take them with you for Mother's Day." I quickly responded, "Nah... I have lunch with them every day!" : )
We also went to James Avery to get Rebekah's charm for my charm bracelet. They were so packed (my number was 25 & they were now serving 93)! I didn't want to spend all day waiting, so we'll just get it another day. I'm sure I would have had to leave my bracelet for soldiering after waiting to be helped, so we'd have to have gone back anyway.
And we also did something we hadn't done in a while... a plant heist. No, it was nothing illegal. More like an intervention... or a rescue! We collected some beautiful native plants like this:
and saved them from being scraped away to build this:
Then I got more presents at home: Rebekah went to sleep without hours of crying and David happily cleaned up his Lego's and went to bed! Peaceful bedtime; a gift indeed!

1 comment:
I think I see him! Happy Mother's Day.
Post a Comment