Tiny Talk Tuesday: The 18-month Old
Tiny Talk Tuesday is usually all about things David has said, but today I'm marveling at Elizabeth! There is absolutely no comparison between my two children. At 18-months old, David was starting speech therapy because he wasn't talking. So I've been trying to count the words that Elizabeth uses now at 18-months, and I've lost count. Have you heard all these?
milk, cup, dink or gink (drink), fish (goldfish), berry (strawberry), bar (fruit bar), nana (banana), apple, eat, I ont ice (I want ice), more thank you, peas (please), hello, nite-nite, bye-bye (Grana), Mama, Daddy, Da-Did, Ah-Ma, Ah-Pa, MawMaw, NaNaPapa, Ah Jana, Ah Wee, Bubba, Grover, Elmo, Boz BALL!!!, block, truck, bubble, dolly, baby, doggie, cat, duck, bird, cow, MOO!!! shoes, shirt, bath, GO!, eye, nose, mouth, ear, button (belly)
And she's stringing it all together into phrases & short sentences:
Wh sat? (What's that?) Nite nite, Da-did. Where go? (just after she's hidden something!)
There's probably more that she's said, but I just can't keep up with it all. It's such a joy to hear her talking (for now!), especially after coming through a late talker first. She gets so excited about everything, too. She is just so funny and wonderful and I'm glad she's mine!I wasn't planning on TTT-ing David's words today, but this one... well, you'll see. David was in the shower tonight when I started to smell something familiar. A sweet, fruity smell. My shampoo!!! I pulled back the curtain to find him sitting there with my previously full, jumbo-sized pump bottle of shampoo, turned upside down, pumping away. I calmly asked, "David, what are you doing with my shampoo?"
He stood up, stroked his chin like a great thinker and replied, "Hmmm... I'm using my imagination."
It took all I had to hold back the giggles as I told him never to touch Mom's shampoo again. Then I picked up the now empty bottle and my shoulders dropped. Guess now I'm stuck with dandruff shampoo or baby shampoo.
Hear more Tiny Talk by clicking over to Not Before 7.

No comments:
Post a Comment