Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tiny Talk Tuesday

We watched Rudolph on TV last Tuesday night. At the end of the show, Santa is in the sleigh, flying in the sky with the elf dropping presents.
Mom: Do you see Santa?
David: Uh, huh. Santa is driving a skating helicopter.
Mom: That's called a sleigh.

I was watching The Lucy Show during lunch one day. Lucy was leading a boys choir in the 12 Days of Christmas. Later, David asked, "Can sing the 2 Turtles song?"

We sang the 12 Days of Christmas with Grandma & Grandpa Saturday night & David really enjoyed it, grown-ups bumbling over the words & all!

In the family bathroom at WM, David observed Elizabeth sitting in the basket part of the cart & started to get creative:
Once upon a time, Elizabeth was sitting in a basket...

David shows he's been paying attention to the little things we say. While playing one day this week, I heard him say, "Baby Jesus came to save the world."

Later in the week, he mixed it up a bit when he said, "Baby Jesus came to the North Place." (which is where we're going to be building our house - guess it's good to know Jesus has been there, too!)

David & Elizabeth have both been sick since Saturday night. Monday night we went to WM to get some more cough medicine & a vaporizer. On the way home, David started to spot & shout, "I see Christmas lights!"

Grandma commented that David sure has been talking a lot more lately. Seems like overnight they grow up. He's talking a lot more and hasn't had an accident in his underwear in several days!

Oh - he said something a few weeks ago that I forgot to document... Back up to Dad's graduation from fire academy & the bagpiper upsetting him so. Then on Thanksgiving Day, the commentators at the parade on TV were making reference to "The Big Guy" coming at the end of the parade.
David: The Big Guy is coming!
Mom: The Big Guy? Do you know who The Big Guy is?
David: Uh, huh! The Big Guy plays the bagpipes!

Finally, I never officially set out to teach him this verse, but I guess he picked it up in the many talks about obeying:



What will he think of next? See what more little ones have come up with this week at Not Before 7. If you haven't participated before, Mary's hosting a giveaway each week in December for Tiny Talk participants, why not join in?

3 comments:

Lori said...

I love that Santa is driving a skating helicopter.

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary@notbefore7 said...

A skating helicopter...now THAT is so creative. Your son is so adorable. I love being able to hear their cute cute voices!! My girls know that one due to repition from me....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win