Angel Tree Plug
I grew up helping my Mom pick out presents for our Salvation Army Angel Tree child each Christmas. It's something that we look forward to doing each year. This year, David & I helped Grandma pick out her gifts, gifts for her Sunday School class, and gifts for our own angel. I hope this will be just one way that we can teach our kids to have a giving spirit.
Since I have your audience, I also wanted to plug the Prison Fellowship Angel Tree. This is another very worthy program: reaching out to the children of inmates and their families with the love of Christ. I didn't have access to a tree with angels on it this year, but found that you can give through the mail or online to help the ministry cover expenses and provide gifts for any child whose angel might not have been picked up. They even have an arrangement with Amazon.com to do your gift shopping online! Just a reminder, though, Christmas donations need to be made by December 17!

No comments:
Post a Comment