Monday, September 20, 2010

1000 Gifts: Relief, Books, Prayer

(Counting my way to 1000 Gifts from God.)  I haven't gotten many pictures of David smiling lately.  Sunday we had the best day that we've had in weeks.  A new doctor (psychiatrist) thought David was reacting to the stimulant medication and pulled him off of it, effective on Friday.  She replaced it with a mood stabilizer and left him on the non-stimulant ADHD medication.  I am beginning to see my child back.
 
5)  Aaahhhh... relief.  
 
So far we've been two days without any major blow-ups, angry fits, or physical attacks from him.  More of the attention-span problems and hyperactivity are back, but I'd rather have ADHD than anger.  And I am thankful that all that anger was medicine-induced. 
 
He's also been sleeping for the last 2 nights, so the insomnia was also induced by the same medication, as was the loss in appetite.  We will continue working on the authority issues, social skills, and the separation anxiety with the counselor. 
 
 
I read recently, ironically, that when you have a child with ADHD you should continually be reading and learning more.  Two of my latest reads have been a wonderful addition to my ADHD library and I highly suggest them to any other parent going through this.
 
6)  Books:
 
 
Both of these have provided encouragement and practical help beyond my expectations, leaving me in tears that these women understand and are sharing their help with me!  I found both at ChristianBook.com.  If you want more information on either book, I would be happy to share more about them!
 
7)  Prayer
 
David's great-grandmother said to me the other day, "I don't know what else I can do but pray."  What an understatement.  I am so thankful for the people who have been keeping us in their prayers and there have been so many people who have told me they've been praying for us.  I am blessed!

1 comment:

Mystery Ho said...

Gratteful for sharing this

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win