Sunday, May 23, 2010

Garden Report

By far, the most exciting thing going on in the garden right now is Elizabeth's gourd vines! The leaves are bigger than her head!

When I gave the kids the chance to choose whatever they wanted out of the seed catalog, Elizabeth choose birdhouses... gourds, that is. This particular catalog only had a mix of seeds that included birdhouse gourds, so I don't know if this is one or not. There are 2 more coming up on the other end of the trellis that are not so large leafed, so I'm guessing they're something else. David selected loofa sponges. The rolly polly bugs ate his first sprouts and so far we haven't gotten any more to sprout. : (

Yummy cherry tomatoes are starting to fill in!!! I can hardly wait to gobble down their sweet yumminess!!! I think we'll have to get some fresh mozzarella and make caprice again.

The Swiss chard is beautiful... and huge! Any idea what to do with it? I planted it for my husband the last 2 years because he said he'd eat it...

Don't know what bug that it, but it's not good. I killed it. I saw some on other stems where it looked like it had cut the stem off. Any idea what it is? I also squished 5 caterpillars this evening on the peppermint plant. I'm glad it lured them away from the tomatoes!

We are quickly on our way to a tomato jungle again this year!

Anaheims also growing for hubby. They may be ready to pick soon.

My beautiful hollyhock & larkspur. Can you see the cat in there?

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win