Road Trip!
One thing that Dad & I have always loved doing together is taking road trips. It's been a while since we took one, so when the opportunity arose to go to a cousin's wedding and MawMaw offered to keep the kids for the weekend, we jumped on it!I collect photos of Texas courthouses, so we added a few more to the collection on this trip.
When we were hungry, our choices were Don Antonio's Tortilleria or Dairy Queen. Don won that one! While stopped for lunch, Dad worked on the trip sheet, noting how long we had spent stopped...
Texas has some of the most beautiful courthouses. This was not one of them.
OK, none of the courthouses on this trip were one of them...
But this one had a lawyer handy across the street!
Finally made it & we got all prettied up for the wedding. Don't we look cute?! : )
The church was beautiful! After I caught my breath, I took pictures from all angles:
Just to show that we actually did attend a wedding, here's a photo of us with the bride & groom... ok, us and all of our side of the family that attended.
Their colors were red & black. The cake was very cute! Bottom layer was red velvet, the middle chocolate, the top was white. We had red velvet. Later that night, my body went into shock from that much artificial food coloring, since I have been off of it along with David on his diet. I won't be doing that again...There was dancing at the reception and I actually had a dance with my sweet hubby! We really need to learn how to dance because there's another wedding later this summer and we may not be able to hide in the crowd next time!
I showed that picture to David of Aunt Jana singing with her arms up in the air, and some Tiny Talk ensued.
David: What is Aunt Jana singing?
Mom: I don't know.
David: I think she's singing a Star Wars song!
bwahahahahaha!!!!It's really amazing how many windmills there are out there now-a-days! Of course, we followed the rails for as much of the trip as we could.
Now there's something you don't see every day! (it's an inside joke) hahaha!!!

1 comment:
It's great knowing that I am one of the insiders!
Post a Comment