Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tiny Talk Tuesday: Thanksgiving Edition

OK, so the only 'Thanksgiving-y' song I could actually remember when we were in the car was to sing "If you're thankful and you know it, clap your hands!" It's now one of Elizabeth's favorite songs. As she requests songs:
"ABC!!" and we sing the ABC song
"Clap Clap!!!" and we sing If You're Happy/Thankful

I told Aunt Sissy last night that Elizabeth is amazing - I have another genius on my hands! ; ) She knows her colors pretty good, she can count to 10, she can recognize many of her ABC's and gets about half of the song in the correct order!

In between verses of If You're Thankful and You Know It I always ask, "What are we thankful for today, David?" Here are some of the answers I've gotten in the last 2 weeks:

songs,
monster trucks,
animals,
good food to eat,
our family,
Mom & Dad,
guns,
cars,
sticks,
the moon,
our cats,
my game,
our church,
my backpack,
our new house,
paints

For more Tiny Talk, visit Not Before 7!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I miss the hearing of the kids saying those things. The quiet can be deafening at times. But we manage to carry on! I love you all very much.momma

Grandpa said...

I see that "sticks" made the list of important things.

Unknown said...

"guns" ???

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh I love the singing of children! What a cute list to record!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win