The Early Bird Catches the Deal!
David attended his first garage sale this morning! Two families (neighbors) shared an ad saying 7:30 Saturday morning "train table and Little Tikes." We pulled up at 7:28 and only one garage was open, so we headed that way. From the car, I could tell the toy department of their garage had a pink tint to it! As we were getting out, the other garage door opened & they started pulling out stuff... this one had boy stuff. To give them a minute, we headed over to the pink sale & looked around.
Got the picture to work using a different computer:
Their Little Tikes consisted of a kitchen set, vacuum cleaner, doll bed, etc., so we headed back to the other house. There was one lady ahead of us. The train table was out of our price range, but they had a good collection of Bear in the Big Blue House videos. As we walked back to the car, I noticed the pink sale now had the Little Tikes Coupe Sitting out in the grass, away from all the pink stuff, so we went to check it out.
It was nasty filthy, but I asked if it was for sale & how much. She said it was for sale, but she hadn't had a chance to clean it up yet. She saw David looking at it & asked if it was for him. I said yes. (thinking, "OK kid, look cute!") She grinned at him & said if I didn't mind that it wasn't clean, she'd take $3. SOLD! These are $48 new at Wal-Mart. It's not perfect by any means, but cleaned up pretty well. And David loves it! I plan to touch it up a bit more with the Magic Eraser later.
The lady who was ahead of us when we arrived saw us pushing the car away as she left the second sale. She let out a gasp, then smilled and said, "Good for you! I didn't see that while ago." I told her it wasn't there a while ago!

1 comment:
Do you know what the best selling car in the world is? David now owns one.
Post a Comment