Friday, January 13, 2012

Remembering Dublin

It is sad what the big guys of Dr Pepper have done to the small town of Dublin, Texas.  That's my only commentary.  Better words were written by my friend, Julie.  And the local news story explains the situation well.  Watch the video for the full effect.  So for now, I leave you with just one piece of how Dublin Dr Pepper has been a part of my life.

"Dublins" were special in Dad's family, thanks to his Papa, who loved them.  He would make the almost 2-hour drive just to get the special drinks.  I was introduced to Dublin when I joined the family.  Almost 14 years ago, my new husband & I toasted with Dublin Dr Peppers at our wedding reception.  (He's also a Dukes of Hazzard fan, as you can tell...)


Dublin Dr Pepper, you will be missed.

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win