Friday Coffee Revisited
I have missed coffee for several weeks, but today was cooled by last night's storm & I actually thought about coffee this morning. But it just wasn't that cool. And I don't know how to make an ice-blended white chocolate mocha at home yet, so I had none.
I gave a pictorial garden update in yesterday's post. Click or scroll down to see all the goodies I've picked & made this month. I finally used up all my tomatoes with a batch of salsa that yielded 5 pints of salsa. Then I picked this last night:And then I picked this tonight:
Good grief! Those tomatoes just keep going & going... Not that I'm complaining. Last night's storm knocked over a lot of tomato plants that had been staying upright pretty well, so that I was able to reach deeper into the tomato jungle. The storm also blew over some pepper plants, the basil, and the yellow squash. Several stems on the butternut squash were severed, so I had to pick those 2, ready or not. I think there was some hail when the storm first hit. By tonight, my yellow squash appears to have broken at the stem when it blew over. The fury of summer may be finally slowing down my produce.
Last week I shared Rebekah's 3-month old photos. Don't miss those. They're absolutely. adorable. (of course) : )
This week, my 5-year old got a back pack in the mail from Dad's alma mater. The card with it started, "As your child turns 5 years old and prepares for kindergarten, the ACU Alumni Association wants to help mark this exciting time with a special gift - a child-size purple backpack called a CatPack."
I didn't even make it to the first comma before I was crying. Never thought it (starting kindergarten) would affect me this way... And now he's gone on his first vacation without Mom & Dad. He went to the coast for a whole week with MawMaw, Grana & Papa, Marlene & several of his cousins.I've been rounding up the kindergarten curriculum all week. I gave David a math placement test & he scored a 48. I know he would have scored higher if he hadn't gotten bored with it by page 2, and I though 4 pages of math questions seemed like a lot for a kindergartner. Oh, well. I figured, we'd just start with kindergarten book 1. Then as I was looking up the books, I realized I'd given him the first grade comprehension test! Suddenly 48 was a much better score!
The same day David got his new backpack, Elizabeth's flower girl dress arrived. She. looks. beautiful.
Elizabeth is outgrowing her baby bed. Rebekah is outgrowing her bassinet. And I was prescribed bifocals. It's all going by way too fast.

3 comments:
Your children are adorable. My daughter will be a flowergirl for my sister's wedding next year. We have that activity gym too. Hope you all are enjoying the summer! We're still waiting for our tomatoes and squash. We had so many tomatoes last year. I never did make salsa. Maybe this year. Any recipe to share for that?
The dress is gorgeous!!!
She looks so adorable in her dress :) :) I'm so excited to have her in the wedding...she's going to be such a cute flower girl!
Post a Comment