Monday, February 26, 2007

Grocery Shopping



It's all a matter of perspective...

I remember life BC (before children). In the first year of marriage, a trip to get groceries was something we did together as husband and wife. We tried new things that looked good. It was fun.

Then we moved and conflicting work schedules plus the 30-minute drive to town changed the togetherness of grocery shopping.

Then David was born. I wondered how in the world I'd ever get the shopping done. But I got used to it & it got easier.

Then Elizabeth was born. I wonder how in the world I'll ever get the shopping done. I figured out that with the baby strapped to my chest and the toddler in the basket, it's not as hard as it was when David was new.

Then I ran into a friend at Wal-Mart today. A pregnant friend, who was pushing a basket with a preshooler in the seat and two older kids walking beside her... followed by her husband who was pushing a double stroller for the twins and had the baby on his back in a pack.

Suddenly my trip to Wal-Mart seemed easy. And I wondered if Mrs. Restivo still gives out little plastic perspective flies to her physics class...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW!! Does that add up to seven kids? No matter what perspective you look at that, she would have an impossible time shopping with the kids alone!

LOVEmomma

Beaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beaver said...

This is why kids come mostly ONE at a time. So you can adjust your life bit by bit. I've always been amazed each time another kid came along and I thought life had been complicated before but NOW it just seemed so much easier THEN! Perspective . . .

Then, they're all in school and you go to the store and smile at those moms with kids with them in the buggies and such . . . and you push your empty buggy a little more slowly along to savor the trip and remember a time when it was always more chaotic for you too . . .

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win