...for good food
I am thankful for
the perfect bread recipe!
(Apparently, I've never gotten a photo of a loaf.
This is the same recipe made into rolls for our
Thanksgiving feast at the homeschool co-op this week.)
(Apparently, I've never gotten a photo of a loaf.
This is the same recipe made into rolls for our
Thanksgiving feast at the homeschool co-op this week.)
David is now on a special diet. One of the items eliminated is store-bought bread because of the preservative that's used in the pan oil. How does a family that eats sandwiches every day for lunch cope with that? Homemade.
I'd already been experimenting with homemade bread recipes for over a year and had finally found one that was working pretty good, or at least the best so far. It wasn't good sandwich bread, though. Then it turns out one of the ingredients in my bread had the preservative BHT in it... back to the drawing board.
It was purely by accident that I found Tammy's Recipes. I followed a link from another blog to read another recipe & saw a photo of her bread in the sidebar or something. Recipe looked simple enough, so I tried it. It has been amazing ever since. The highest compliment came when Dad said, "Hmm... tastes like store-bought." You can even fold it!
Yes, it's the little things in life that make this Mama happy.













5 comments:
Looks yummy!
Oh, I'm really excited about this bread recipe...especially if it tastes like the store. My hubby does not like the store wheat bread much less homemade so I will see what this yields. I have all of the stuff to make the dough conditioner but the last time I used it I didn't see a real difference. Do you have any experience with the dough conditioner?
I've been doing the half & half recipe. I've never used dough enhancer. I let my bread machine mix it up, then put it in a pan. Been letting it rise, covered for 30 minutes, then turn the oven on to preheat. It finishes rising in the oven when it reaches temp & looks beautiful when it comes out! Sooooo hard to wait for it to cool!!!
This is exactly my bread recipe. Hmm, I wonder if I found it on her blog too? I've been baking our bread for over a year and a half. I do experiment. But this is always our main bread. Yum!
I made the half and half recipe yesterday morning and it came out sooo good :) Mark's mom told me that a good way to tell that it's done is to lick your finger then quickly touch the bottom of the bread pan...If it sizzles the bread is done. I did that and the bread came out perfect!
Post a Comment