Saturday, May 10, 2008

Zoo Day!

MawMaw & Aunt Jana decided they wanted to take the kids to the Cameron Park Zoo today. Mom & Dad tagged along. We were excited to see a ladybug photo op right off the bat! Aunt Jana was also called Ladybug when she was a young 'un!

David made a handsome blue butterfly.


David's favorite part was the aquarium. I was last in with the stroller, but Dad said when David walked into the building, he stood in amazement and said very excitedly, "OH, MY!"


David, and every other kid who's watched Finding Nemo repeatedly, could easily identify the Anemone, though I had a time trying to figure out how to spell it!
David also recognized the Lion Fish from the page in his Shark Book.
The huge tank was very impressive. David & Dad also spotted a Green Moray, which also has a page in his Shark Book.


David is telling Aunt Jana about the alligator they can see under the water.


The otters were not on exhibit today, but the Otter Slide was open for business!

Another aquarium was equally interesting.

Mom's favorite exhibit was the Jaguars! Elizabeth seemed to like that one, too. She kept hollering, "CAT!"
This one was their kitten! My, what beautiful fur they have!


She's still pointing at the big cats & did not want to leave this area!

The tee pees were set up near the buffalo. Inside are David, Elizabeth, Dad, MawMaw & Aunt Jana.

Elizabeth pointing at an Elephant.


The lioness was neat... but that hungry look at my child is a little disturbing...
I thought the water lilies were beautiful!!! I wonder if I can grow some of these in our pond?

We finally made it back around to the play area before leaving the zoo. If I had known there was a water pad in there, I'd have brought extra clothes... Elizabeth learned to stick her toes in before long & it was adorable!
What a fun day! The kids were even exhausted the next day! : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm is still exhausted from the zoo trip, but I had a wonderful time hanging out with kids!!!

Aunt Jana

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great trip! And great photos too. I can't wait to have these kinds of outings with our Ladybug!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win