Our Weekend with Tiny Talk
Friday we went down to my old stomping ground to watch my nephew receive the Townsend Memorial Scholarship. Uncle Bubba's got some good photos from after the awards chapel on his blog.
This was David & Elizabeth's first visit to the campus, and I haven't been back in years. Makes me want to set up a reunion with my best friend on campus! At one point, I was telling David that Mom & Dad went to school here, and so did Uncle Bubba & Aunt Wee, and so did Uncle Glenn & Aunt Sissy, and so did Grandma, and next year Andy was going to go to school here. David replied, "And I'll go to school here, too!" I told him he could go to school wherever he wanted, but I'd be happy if he wanted to go here, too! : )
After we left campus, we stopped off at the Santa Fe depot, hoping to see some trains go by. Nothing happened, but we did get to look at the static trains they have on display. David talked the whole time, observing every detail about the trains & rail yard.
David said, "Those are BIG wheels!!!"
Here we are in our new duds from UMHB! David's jersey is a little big, but he loves it! He'll probably be able to fit in it for about 2 more years! They didn't have any really cute t-shirts for Elizabeth, so I got her a little pom-pom. Below, she's holding it out towards the camera.
Saturday night, David came in to tell Grandma & Grandpa good night. It went like this:
He cracks me up... and makes my ears very tired!













2 comments:
I wanted to introduce David to the word "codger" but Mom thought this might not be a good time for that word!
Great pics! Doesn't David make you proud that he wants to attend your school? We'll see what he says in 15 years!
Have a blessed day!
Post a Comment