This weekend, I got to go on a refreshing getaway to the Women of Faith Conference in Dallas. I got to order food I wanted to eat, go to the bathroom by myself, and take a shower uninterrupted! : ) Oh, and the conference was good, too!
(above) Nichole Johnson performed some very deep & moving dramas.

Sheila Walsh was one of the speakers for the Friday
pre-conference, speaking on
God Has a Dream for Your Life. This year's theme conference theme was Amazing Freedom.

As always, we enjoyed some wonderful praise & worship times. The American Airlines Center was sold out to 16,000 women, and another 3,000 overflowed into Reunion Arena.

Elizabeth attended the conference with me. Here she is napping with Aunt Wee.

We were able to sit in a private box, thanks to
someone's uncle's company owning the box & sharing the tickets with us. This gave us plenty of room to move around, stretch, and have some tummy time while we were there!

Luci
Swindoll was the last speaker of the event. I think my favorite speaker or performer had to be Anita
Renfroe, though. She was
hilarious, taking topics that can make a woman's life everyday/boring and turning it into a joy! If you ever get to see her perform or see one of her
DVD's, you'd better not miss it!!!

We took another picture without the windows behind us, but I still liked this one best! Don't we look like we've been having fun? Sometimes I think you just need to get away for a little bit. I think it makes me a better mom when I get back home.
1 comment:
I've never been to a Women of Faith conference. They sound wonderful!! I loved the picture of your sweet little one sleeping. How nice to have good seats.
Thanks for stopping by the blog!
Duckabush Blog
Post a Comment