Saturday, August 04, 2007

David's Motivation & Elizabeth's Firsts

First of all, David will not be seen in today's post. He was sitting on the big potty for much of the day! And tempting as it was, I was a good Mom and did not take a picture of him sitting up there, backwards, reading his Beginner's Bible. (but it would have been an adorable photo!) It seems that bribery... I mean positive motivation... is the key to potty training. I remember using that method with my oldest nephew, but it just hadn't dawned on me to do it with David. He even cried once when it was obvious nothing was going to happen & I made him get off the potty so he could try again later! He really wanted that treat!

Anyway, on to Elizabeth. This was earlier this week - the first time Dad has worn any type of baby! Aren't they cute!



This week Elizabeth started fruits after the last veggie I had to try was a no-go. Green beans. She does not like green beans... at all! Bananas, however, were gone rather quickly. Prunes were next. She enjoyed them, though not quite as much as the 'nanners. And they did what God intended them to do to her system, but she needed that anyway.




It seems to me that I can never say enough now beautiful I think Elizabeth is! I can't wait to hear if Grandma thinks Ebees looks bigger after being apart for a week!


And now... just look at that pretty little diaper!
I MADE IT!!!
And it worked! Check out My Craft Blog to see more pictures of this diaper and another I made this week.

This is the first photo of Elizabeth sitting up! Can you believe it? She did tip over right after the photo, but she'll be sitting up totally by herself soon. Then she'll be crawling. Then walking. Then moving out to go to college. It goes by all too fast!

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Alan and Elizabeth look ready for a geocache event.

kel said...

Cute pics, they do grow up so fast. My little girl (9) just stayed all night at her first sleepover, and I just knew she would call but she didn't another sign she is growing up.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I love seeing Dads wearing their babies!!

Steph

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win