Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Pumpkin that Never Died

When I started blogging in October 2005, this is the display that sat on my front porch. Before the season ended, I added a couple more smaller pumpkins. But the important pumpkin can be seen here on the far right. Purchased at HEB and selected for it's beautiful color and shape, I was quite proud of this one!

Believe it or not, this is the SAME pumpkin - photo taken YESTERDAY!!! I still think it's a beautiful pumpkin, but if I'm going to try planting it's seeds, I had to give up and cut the thing! It's been sitting in the back yard since December because I didn't want people thinking I was leaving a fake pumpkin on my porch, nor did I want some yahoo to smash it. As I stick the butcher knife in to pull the top off, David started screaming at the top of his lungs! Guess he's grown to love the pumpkin, too!


This is the first time I've tried harvesting pumpkin seeds and will be my first attempt to grow them. If it fails, you can sure bet that I'll be pumpkin shopping at HEB again this year! (the others all came from the big box)

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win