Company Left Today
Mom just might have gone mad this week if MawMaw and Aunt Erin hadn't come for a visit! Dad has worked at the FD for 3 24-hour shifts and at the hospital for 3 12-hour shifts (helping cover so that "normal people" can take spring break vacations). Mom really enjoyed a little time off (I actually went to the bathroom by myself!!!) and having someone to go shopping with!!!
Before leaving today, Aunt Erin read Jack & the Bean Stalk to David. He enjoyed it & fell asleep during the story.
I think having company was tiring on the little man, but I know he really enjoyed having them here, too! When he woke up, I think he was looking for them, too.
"Mom's language school" was on the back burner while company was here. It was really good for David to have other people talking to him all day. Now that we're alone again, I put these window clings up on David's window (ignore the ugly, peeling house next door!) and labeled each picture for David several times, with both words and signs. He liked them. When I asked him, "Where's the bird?" he would look at the bird and followed suit with the others. Later, I was in the kitchen when I heard him saying, "cat" over & over from his room. When I peeked in, he was sitting there, looking at the stickers on the window. I pointed at the cat & he got excited. I pointed to one of his stuffed cats & he got up to give it a great big hug! So, I don't think language recognition is a problem.













No comments:
Post a Comment