Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coloring Eggs!

 I just love dyeing Easter eggs!  I love how they look in the dye, as they dry, and when I use them.  I dye all of my raw eggs.  Then for as long as they last, I have beautiful eggs to crack for morning breakfast & recipes.  This was the first year I've used our own homegrown eggs, so I wasn't sure what to expect with the brown ones.  Here's the before:

 And the first batch after:

 I used the little tablets that you dissolve in vinegar & water for bright colors.  I let those sit for 20 minutes and they came out really dark & earthy on the brown eggs.  I think they're beautiful!

 Rebekah thought so, too!  The brighter turquoise eggs and the really bright yellow were my green eggs from the Easter Eggers.


 And this is what six dozen homegrown and dyed eggs look like in a box!  : )  They will be enjoyed as part of the Easter brunch at church!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win