Trucking along in First Grade
My camera has been circling the drain, so thanks to Target's Deal of the Day, I was able to get a new one this week! Yea! And it's been a while since I got pictures of David doing his school work, so I spent some of my time today playing with the new camera while David was doing his work.
Working on his Handwriting Without Tears...
I thought it was kinda funny that me taking close up pictures of him at strange angles didn't phase him at all. Guess he's used to it by now! Next, he's doing his Math-U-See review sheet.
I am really happy with how school has been going this week. We finally had a week that is not riddled with doctor's appointments and we're on week two of a new non-stimulant ADHD medication that seems to really be making a difference in his concentration. He's staying no task much better and able to do much more work in a shorter amount of time.
We've also started using Explode the Code Online. After getting the hang of it, David is doing really well and has made it through 3/4 of the exercises for Book 1 in just three weeks. It has really improved his reading skills & confidence in reading other school work and reading to Rebekah, so I am very happy with the program.
And I'm pretty happy with the natural light photos I'm getting from my new camera, too! : )













No comments:
Post a Comment