Today's Busy Day
Looking at my calendar for the week, it seemed that today - Monday, of all days - would be my hump day! We started out with Elizabeth's dance class in the morning and David's first night of Cub Scouts this evening.
Dad was working today, so David had to go with us to dance. I was afraid of how that would turn out, so I asked Grandpa to come along for back-up. Turns out we lost some of the little ballerinas from her class (and school back in session took out the siblings), so the waiting room wasn't as crowded as it was last week. Plus having the novelty of Grandpa falling asleep & waking up every few minutes, David handled the hour pretty well. It was lunch where he didn't handle himself so well.
Elizabeth enjoyed another day of class and I remembered to take a picture while they were doing their gymnastics, but didn't get any dance pictures this week. There she is on the low balance beam with Miss Toya waiting at the bars.
She was scared to do the bars, though, even with Miss Toya's help.
While the girls napped back at home, we got a little school work done, including this interesting comparison of the sizes of the sun and Earth (the little blue dot!).
Cub Scouts turned out to be a flop. He was just not able to handle the group setting, or peer interaction... at all. We left early... both in tears. From the book I quoted last time:
...having a child with ADHD places great stress on the parents, particularly mothers.(and surely pregnancy hormones and missing my Momma doesn't help either.) I've also started reading another book, on defiant behavior, while I'm still finishing the book on ADHD:
Your child acts this way because he doesn't know how else to handle his difficult thoughts and feelings.And that's mostly a reminder to myself, but still no excuse for horrible behavior. We're just trying to figure out what's wrong with him and how we can help him. It's very hard for me to remain patient and keep my own self-control when he's attacking me. We've made counseling appointments to get some help.













1 comment:
Well, if it is any consolation we weren't too impressed with scouts! Some of the activities were fun but I just liked doing them with my whole family not segregated into boy/girl groups, but that is just us. Don't be too hard on yourself...my husband constantly reminds me that Adam and Eve had the perfect parent and they managed to mess up some too! Hugs.
Post a Comment