To be thankful...
I feel like I've been in a constant state of pity party this year. I've always believed, as Momma taught me, that if you can't say something nice, it's better not to say anything at all. That's one reason for fewer blog posts this year, compared to my archives.
Well a few days ago, I stumbled upon Holy Experience. Her post, The Thousand Gifts, explains it. To summarize - make a list of 1000 things God has blessed you with.
So I will begin.
Begin giving thanks for the daily washing in His fountain of Gifts--just on a scrap piece of paper or in a journal. Notice and write down from the obvious to little. And begin to feel more joy, less stress, better health, more connected in your relationships, and more delight in your everyday life. Praise is what we are made for!
Friday, August 27, 2010 - Forget about everything that's gone wrong and be thankful for the gifts the Lord has given me.
1) My family growing up. I have been blessed - so much more than many - by my parents and my siblings as we grew up on the farm. We got along most of the time, and we loved each other. (even though I had a bruise on my arm in my jr high track picture from when my brother punched me because I wouldn't roll up the window in the car)
2) The memories I have of #1. They are priceless.
Will have to be continued. But I will continue. I am not going to give a time limit to get it done, but I will keep chugging along at it.














1 comment:
I like this post. BTW, I'm thinking about starting my 30 Days of Thanksgiving on Canadian Thanksgiving Day this year. I think that's around October 13. Wanna join me?
Post a Comment