Please excuse me while I have another pity party...
I have been a spoiled baby of the family. I can hear my siblings nodding in agreement already. So Family - y'all can stop reading now. Seriously, y'all stop reading. You're not gonna like it anyway.
Life goes on, day by day, and almost every day I am reminded of how spoiled I have been. A birthday passes, and I miss the card from Momma. Greedy as I may sound, I miss the birthday check from her, too. I'm hungry for a certain restaurant and I know I could have called Momma and we'd have most likely gone that day.
She'd have already bought new shorts & a t-shirt for David & Elizabeth this summer. And I bet she would have bought the little butterfly romper I saw the last time I was at Walmart. I could have called her to go to Goodwill with me and she would have taken Elizabeth & David with her around the store so I'd have room in my basket for Rebekah & the clothes we found.
I'd schedule my doctor's appointments, making sure not do schedule them on Monday, because that's Quilt Club. Then I'd call Momma and let her know. She'd write it on her calendar and go with me, taking the kids to look at the bunnies or the birds in the hospital lobby while I went to the appointment. She'd buy them fresh popcorn from the volunteers. She'd help them make friends with the other kids waiting in the lobby. She'd be proud to introduce them to the other grandparents waiting in the lobby. She'd be excited to hear what the doctor had to say, then we'd go to Rosa's for lunch... almost every time throughout the entire pregnancy.
This is going to be a long 9 months. My first doctor's appointment is Monday morning.













1 comment:
First of all, Hugs. Your mom sounds so much like my mom. I'm so thankful that she is still here (well, in Pennsylvania). I can't imagine how much you miss her.
Second, congrats. I pray this will be a happy & healthy pregnancy. You are blessed.
Post a Comment