My Big Boy is 6!
Yesterday, May 27, my first born turned six years old! It's hard to believe it's been 6 years!I am very proud of the chocolate Lego brick cake! I usually make cupcakes and as I was trying to smooth the icing I was thinking, "This is why I make cupcakes!" But I was very happy with the results. David informed me that this dimension of brick would require 8 buttons rather than the 6 which I was going to use. Of course, he was right!
The batteries on my camera died just as David was blowing out the candle... actually as Elizabeth was blowing out the candle. Then we had to light it again to let David blow it out. He was not happy with her and she was not happy when Dad removed her from the area so she wouldn't do it again!
Dad was able to get the camera running & got some good pictures of David opening his presents! He got some clothes first...Once we got the clothes out of the way, then he got 4 different Lego Star Wars sets!
and some books
He also got a telescope! I am very excited about this one, because next year we're using Apologia's Exploring Creation with Astronomy curriculum for science!
That's his friend, Robert, from our home school co-op admiring the telescope with him. Also got some cash & gift cards, so of course, opening gifts turned into a teaching moment with reading names on cards and counting dollar bills!
We had a bounce house and the kids loved it! And somehow, I never even took a picture of it! I am appalled at myself for that one! Aunt Laurie was taking photos, so I'm really hoping that she got some pictures of it and/or kids in it!
Uncle Phillip wasn't able to come to the party, so earlier in the week, he brought David a MegaBloks Halo Warthog set. It was really cool, but it won't stay together!As David was eating his bedtime snack, staring at his new Lego sets, he declared, "This was the best birthday ever!" So it was a success!













1 comment:
I am sad that i missed it!!! However, MawMaw will be bringing his bday gift from Aunt Jana when she comes back from visiting!!
Love Aunt Jana
Post a Comment