Box Day!!!
David was resting when the box arrived on Wednesday. I was either in the laundry room or the bathroom, I'm not sure. You can bet, if I'd seen the big white truck pulling in the driveway, I'd have taken a picture of it!
I went to David's door and announced that his box had arrived!He was eager to open the box, but I made him wait while I took a picture & then we had to wait for my camera to recharge!
Yeah! Digging through the goodies!
Yes, it does look like a small box for a year of curriculum. But I've been collecting the books for almost a year now. I am thankful that Sonlight allows me to do this! I was able to save a lot of money by getting as many of the books as I could find at used book stores, Goodwill, library sales and eBay. Our box from Sonlight included the Instructor's Guides, workbooks, and the items I hadn't been able to find used.
David's favorite box book was Isaac Newton and the Laws of Motion. It's written in comic book format and instantly captured his attention.
Now we're both eager to get started! We also got a globe this week & have already had a few geography lessons looking up where all our family lives. We're going to the library next week to get a few more books, then will start school the next week. Thursday School with our local co-op group will start the first week of September.














No comments:
Post a Comment