My Prayers for You, My Children
So now, I'm basically copying my sister's post from Sunday. Just remember that imitation is the highest form of flattery!She tipped me off to the My Prayers for You Challenge a couple of weeks ago at the Faith Sisters blog. (the above image is theirs) The challenge is to create a project based on prayers for your children:
These challenges will help you transform your prayers from vague and general requests to specific and distinct petitions in line with God's will for your children's lives.I checked out the post about the challenge, because I know the importance of praying for my children. I am a simple, quick & easy, scrapbooker and I do not consider myself a paper crafter, like Sissy. Some of those samples are way to elaborate for me to spend my time on... I've got boxes to unpack still, diapers to wash, a bridesmaids dress to sew!! Those are just the things I have to get done, not even the things I want to get done! But I liked the idea.
So here's my way-scaled-down version of the challenge: I had some pretty index cards, an index card binder that wasn't being used any more, and a gel pen. Voila! Done in 2 minutes or less:
Now, what did she do next? Oh, yeah, my sister was given an award! Then she gave it to me:
I wonder what it says? Huh... so I'll copy her words from the awarder:"This blog invests in the PROXIMITY in space, time and relationships. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that even more friendships are propagated."OK, so I'm still not sure what it says, but I have made some sweet friends through blogging that I would have never met otherwise, so I'll follow Sissy's lead and pass it along to my newest friends:
Heather @ Not a DIY Life
Rachel Anne @ Home Sanctuary
Rachel Anne @ Home Sanctuary
And I've also really enjoyed getting to know Rhonda Jean at Down to Earth, but I haven't really interacted with her enough to say we've formed a friendship. It has been quite motivating to watch her garden grow in Australia while we're having winter here. She also covers cooking, other homemaking topics, and living deliberately.













2 comments:
Yay!!! That was just what I was thinking about when I wrote my blog post. It doesn't have to take much time. It's just fun to decorate if I have the time. I should go find my old index card notebook and blog it, too.
thanks so much! i love the blogging friendships that i've made! and you were one of the first bloggy friends i met.
Post a Comment