Sunday, January 11, 2009

Birthday Review

Wouldn't that be perfect for one of those beautiful silhouette portraits?

Well, I now have a 2-year-old. I was looking at her asleep in the car the other day & realized that she doesn't even look like a baby any more. She's now a little girl. And here, I give you a rare peek into what few others have seen: Little Miss Attitude.


If the above photo had come out in focus, I don't think we'd be able to stand it! Now on to her birthday party!

We had hot dogs, chips & Funfetti cupcakes. She picked out the cupcakes. She likes colors. I had a #2 candle, but it kept falling off the top cupcake, so we had to go with individual candles.

Guests included 4 great-grandparents, 3 grandparents, some of her aunts & uncles, all of her boy 1st cousins, and her immediate family. It was a pretty good turn out for a last minute party, and we greatly missed those who were not able to be here.

She'd been looking forward to the cupcakes all day long, but when everyone started singing & her cupcake was on fire, she looked a bit bewildered!!! I was just glad she didn't start crying (like someone else used to). She made the cutest little blow at her candles!

She kept her eyes on Grandpa H while eating her cupcake, but finally made it through & was excited about opening her gifts. I didn't get many photos of the gift opening time because I was helping her. I'll have to see if Grana got any good ones.

She got washable markers, cash for her college fund, some clothes, a tea set, a picnic set, a ladybug folding chair, a doll with a carrier & accessories, and a set of doll-sized accessories that included a stroller, playpen, & swing. It all went together quite nicely, and now she can practice being Mommy when our new baby arrives, too. I was most excited about the BumGenius 3.0's she got! And she knew what they were when she pulled them out, exclaiming, "Diapers!"

Here she is showing off some of her new dishes:

I've tried to get a picture of her pushing the baby in the stroller, but it's just a blur or she keeps turning. She's getting harder to photograph!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That fuzzy pic of EB's looks very familiar!!! Now who does she look like? Really cute pictures of really cute kids. LOVEgrandma

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win