Tuesday, March 15, 2011

TT Tuesday and Our Zoo Review Folder

Oh!  I almost missed Tuesday!  There's never a dull moment around here.  While many people are having spring break this week, we're not completely... We took Monday off to meet some friends at McD's for a play date.  Just now realized I should have taken my camera!  Oh well.  Today, we worked some more on our Zoo Review from last Tuesday's field trip.  Now there's a place that gets CRAZY on Spring Break Week!  Soooo glad we went last week!

I have to admit, the Zoo Review project turned into something for ME and not just a school project.  David wrote out all his animal answers, and I made him sound everything out, only giving a hint on the f sound in elephant.  He matched up photos and handwriting, drew his picture, but then the lost scrapbooker inside me took over.  David carried on with some other school work while I finished the folder.  I couldn't help it.  But maybe I needed that.

Half way through his math, David said, "Hey, I know what you're doing.  You're trying to trick me into having school!"  I told him there was no trick to it!  We will be having a regular school day on Wednesday, celebrating St. Patrick's Day on Thursday (which will include some school disguised as fun), and having a play day on Friday. 

Other tiny talk that has been overheard this week...

Wow, that's a lot of toilet paper.  You must have a big bottom.  (I'm not telling who said that to whom.)

Smell my feet.  They smell like lemons!

Cha-ma-milk!  Cha-ma-milk!  Cha-ma-milk... (the chanting of "chocolate milk" continues from the time I announced that I was making it, until it was going down her almost 2-year-old throat)

Oh, what fun it is!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win