Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Girly Curtain

When my best friend was building their new house, she sent me this picture of the first room painted - the older girls' room.  I decided I wanted to make some cute curtains for them and her reply was, "Of course, I haven't thought about window treatments!" 

They were planning on having mini-blinds, so I decided on a valance for the top of the window.  I searched for the perfect fabric for a couple of months and when I saw this, I was smitten!!!  It's pink, it's purple, it's princessy, it's fairyish, it's got a frog prince and Elizabeth was pleased to see that it also had ponies and puppies!


 As if that's not girlie enough, I used pink sparkly tulle to make a tu-tu-type ruffle along the bottom of the curtain.  I am in love with this curtain!  I wish my room was pink & purple!


I had an extra curtain rod, so I had to see how it would look all bunched up & it was even cuter than when it's flat.  Elizabeth & Rebekah gave their hearty approval and played limbo under the curtain while I was photographing it.

My BFF & I play Santa for each other, filling each other's stockings.  This will be going into her stocking box this week.  I wish I could see them open it & I hope they love it as much as we do!!!

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win