Thursday, July 16, 2009

Garden Log

I've only done one garden update so far in July, so I thought it was time for another. There's really not much going on in the garden, except that it's still growing and producing. I saved some green beans for seed and I've been picking, eating and making!

Yellow Heirloom Tomato

One day I conducted a tomato taste test. The orange, which was actually "yellow" was the perfect taste in between red & yellow... of course!

Cukes, Yellow Pear Tomatoes, Sweet 100 Cherry Tomatoes,
Roma Tomatoes, Yellow Crookneck Squash

Romas, Yellow Pears, Cherries
Celebrity Tomatoes

Jalapenos, Celebrity, Romas, Yellow Pears

Triscuit Caprise
made with fresh cherry tomatoes & basil from the garden.
We've had this several times.

more, more, more

I got strawberries at Kroger for 99c last week,
so I had enough to try something new...

Strawberry-Lemon Marmalade

And with all those tomatoes...

I also canned some salsa.

3 comments:

Grandpa said...

Garden produce makes for colorful photos.

Unknown said...

mmmmm.... is there gonna be any marmalade left when we get there? I wanna try it!

onemotherslove said...

Yeah, there'll still be some. Marmalade is made in small batches, but I got 3 pint jars & 1 half pint. It's really good! I think it would be a good topping on pancakes and shortcake, too!!! OH! and vanilla ice cream... I'm sure I could think of other uses for it also!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win