Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, My Son!


I find it hard to believe that you turned 5 today. The time has flown by. I remember quite vividly when you were born and how proud the whole family was of the new little baby boy. So many of your milestones have been documented here, now to document the amazing little boy you've become.

You are an awesome big brother and a wonderful helper to Mom. Those that knew Dad when he was your age say you're a lot like him. You're funny and smart. You've been enjoying homeschool PreK this year and have soaked up more than I ever thought. I'm having trouble keeping up! You love science. You've enjoyed learning about the solar system, animals, simple machines, and the Earth, just to name a few. You've started to add and subtract. You don't like to write or color much, but you know your letters & the sounds they make and are starting to read words, even though you don't think you can.

You like to play. You amaze me with your Lego creations! You can follow the Lego instruction books to build things, but even more outstanding are the things you think of to build on your own. You are an engineer! And I didn't even know that the hands & arms would come off the little Lego people! You're always up for a good light saber fight. You love to run with Elizabeth, jump on the trampoline and swim. You help with the garden and have taken a liking to the goats. There's some of Mom in there, too.

I am so proud of you and I can't wait to see what amazing things you'll do between now & your next birthday!

2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Happy birthday!! See you soon.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win