Garden Log: Seed to Seed, Week 3

This week brought some exciting changes to some of my seedlings... and no changes to others.
One exciting change was the appearance of some first true leaves. Unfortunately, these were on flowers and not veggies, but it lets me know that more will be coming.
The Marigold (left) was the first to show some true leaves, followed by one of the Hollyhocks (below).Perhaps the most exciting event of the week was that our Asparagus seeds sprouted! They actually sprouted last Saturday (2/14/09). And throughout the week they grew... and grew...
By today, the tallest Asparagus is almost 5 inches tall! Wow! That's amazing! Now I need to read up on what to do with them next. I know I've got to let the plants establish outside & I'll not be able to harvest from these plants for three years. Provided they live, we should get about 20 years of harvest from them (they are perennial).
In other pots, the seedlings are growing slowly, but surely. It's hard to photograph the tiniest plants. My automatic camera doesn't want to focus on the right thing! Pictured below are Peppermint and Sweet Basil.
Seed to Seed Challenge













No comments:
Post a Comment