Monday, June 23, 2008

Ephemeral Art

This month's KidMade Challenge: Ephemeral Art.
.

David & I took on the challenge and headed outside with our washable markers. We gathered some of David's favorite things - rocks - and set out to create.




David & Elizabeth were in our little pool so there would be a barrier from the chiggers. Here's the rocks that David designed:




I call this one "Mom Rocks" : )





We recently read Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig, so I made a magic pebble. (and I love how this photo turned out!)




Wikipedia defines ephemeral as "lasting only one day." Well, our rocks will stay colored until it rains, I guess, but David's second work of art truly was ephemeral!


And it easily washed off in the shower!


David's description of today's activity:

I wrote some rocks. I marked some rocks. And I was playing, getting rocks. Then I was marking my tummy! See I marked my tummy! (showing me his tummy again) And I'm brown!

3 comments:

Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a great idea.

Loving the "mom rocks"...LOL!

I like how you wrote a description of his day - what he said. GREAT keepsake.

Unknown said...

Love the artwork! What a great lesson and what a great memory of the fun you had together. I love the "Mom rocks" too! That's great!

Dana Leeds said...

Hi. I found you tonight through another blog. I love Sylvester's pebble. Isn't it a great book?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Search & Win