Here we go!
Can you tell that Dad doesn't use the camera much? : ) I think David was actually smiling in this one, but it's hard to tell.
This is David & Mom headed out for our first day of school. (aka Mother's Day Out)
David was really happy in the car going to "sool". And Mom handled everything pretty well, too. I think I was too busy to get emotional! Dad met us there to escort David to his class. I already had a kid in my class, so I couldn't leave to walk David down the hall, which I was a little sad about. But the 3 boys in the class I subbed for today kept me busy.
I had 3 boys who were all 2 1/2- to 3-years old. One completely potty trained, two in diapers. The first "incident" of MDO went to my class... The biggest boy pushed the smallest boy out of a chair, then said he didn't do it but later apologized for doing it. Video footage was shockingly deliberate. I was looking the other way when it happened. A huge forehead knot developed, but the boy continued to play with the others after a bit.
And I stayed emotionally stable until I got home and read the email that Dad wrote about how he broke down after taking David to his class!!! Now I'm really glad I stayed in my class! (but seriously, how sweet is that???)
Here are a couple more pictures from the morning, but honestly, I like the one with my head cut off best:

Aunt Sissy - Can you see his shirt? It's that one you sent, green covered in BUGS! Which also happens to be one of David's new words! He really likes the shirt! (Short sleeves can't go in the fall sale anyway : )
David's class was full - 12 2-year-olds! Can you imagine?!?! They were by far the loudest class in the building. Two little boys had never been left with anyone & were having a really hard day. David did amazingly well with all the commotion. I was so proud!
Since I didn't have any Tuesday kids in my class, I substituted in another class for a teacher who's mom was in surgery today. I'll meet my class of 4-year-olds for the first time on Thursday. If I still don't have any Tuesday kids next week, they may put me in David's class to help out with all those 2-year-olds.













No comments:
Post a Comment